Feast of Tabernacles 2011
Canyon Lake, Texas - October 13-20, 2011
Most people desribe our feast site as having the gift of hositality. Brothers and Sisters become family as we share meals, campfire sing-a-longs and activities that glorifies God. This small intimate Feast site of approximately 50 to 75 brethren serves everyone with great love. We start each day with breakfast, services, traditional as well as interactive, children's choir and bible studies,and catered meals on high days. We hope Ya'll will come and praise God with us!
Location of Services
Daily services starting at 10:30 A.M. will be held at the the Out Back Hall located on a hilltop overlooking Canyon Lake. This secluded location truly takes us out of this world. When we attend services at the Feast, we are assembling before our Great God. It is each individuals responsibility to wear clothing that reflects God's instructions concerning modesty and respect.
From San Antonio via US-281:
Turn right onto 306 and proceed 9.2 miles. We are on the left just past 484, Fisherman’s Corner and the Fire Station.
From San Antonio via I-35:
Exit 191 and turn left onto 306. Continue for 21.4 miles. We are on the right just past The Windmill Restaurant.
From Austin/Dallas via I-35:
Exit 191 and take 306 for 21.4 miles. We are on the right just past The Windmill Restaurant.
From Houston via I-10:
Exit 607 and take 46 to New Braunfels. Take I-35 North and take exit 191. Turn left onto 306 and proceed for 21.4 miles. We are on the right just past The Windmill Restaurant.
Canyon Lake Cabins and Cottages offers clean and affordable housing on the site of the Out Back Hall. Rates Start at $69.00 up to $189.00 a night We have 5 beautiful acres to relax on with a playground, pool, beach volleyball court, picnic areas and lots of BBQ pits.
Yogi Bears's JellyPark Camp Resort which is approx. 6 miles from the Out Back Hall offers Lodge Rooms, 2 Bedroom Cabins, RV sites and rustic tent camping. When making reservations ask them if they offer a one or two days free when you stay for 8 days. Many of our RV'ers will be staying at Yogi.
- Phone 1-877-964-3731 toll free for reservations.
Other RV'ers will be staying at the US Army Corp of Engineers Park, Potter's Creek that is located on Canyon Lake approx. 3 miles from the Out Back Hall.
Potter's Creek Park Is A Beautiful Class A Facility That Includes Modern RV and Camp Sites.
- LOCATION: The Park is located on the northwest side of Canyon Lake off of Potter's Creek Road near the Hwy 484 (Fischer Road) junction.
- DIRECTONS: From IH 35 take FM 306 (exit #191) located just north of New Braunfels, Texas. Travel west on FM 306 for 26 miles. Turn south on Potter's Creek Road and continue two miles to reach the park entrance.
Camping Reservations 1-877-444-6777 or www.recreation.gov
We appreciate everyone's participation which includes volunteers for cooking up a breakfast, musicians, special music, etc. Our Feast in the past has been successful because of the brethren participating by using their God given talents.
Registration and Contact Information
Terry A. Post
Please let us know if you are coming. Contact:
PO Box 1089
La Vernia, TX 78121
Home: 830 947 3564 Work: 830 779-2289 Cell: 210 392-4891
Tentative Social Schedule.
- Hee Haw Fun Show: Get ready the entertainment this year will make you laugh until you hurt. It will make you tap your toes and want to dance a jig! We encourage everyone to get their acts ready and join in. Pizza party & fellowship will follow show.
- Grandparent Day: We encourage everyone to come along and teach the children what it is like to live on an active Texas Ranch.
- Dinner Cruise: We hope to offer a two hour dinner cruise on Friday night. We will be able to watch the sunset and the full moon rise over the water. This was a true highlight at our Feast last year.
This Feast site sponsored by: South Texas Church of God
The #1 attractions in Texas are the Alamo and the San Marcos Outlet Mall which are minutes away from this Texas Hill Country Feast site. Other nearby attractions include Canyon Lake, Schlitterbaln, Natural Bridge Caverans, Gruene, Wimberley, Sea World, Texas Ski Ranch, San Antonio Zoo, Six Flags Fiesta Texas and the beautiful Guadalupe River.
from last year's Feast at Canyon Lake